Doctor of Credit once wrote that reward points could somehow be converted into gift cards. Apparently, some people did this, but it shouldn’t be possible. I wouldn’t count on being able to turn them into gift cards, but if you do, they can sell for 72% of face value today. Check the comments on this post if you want to see the latest experiences. As I said, most people seem to say it’s not possible.
Banana Republic Visa Card and Banana Republic Card
Banana Republic map
Banana Republic credit cards are the simplest credit card offered by Banana Republic. Most private label credit cards can only be used with the company that issued the card. In this case, however, Banana Republic is part of the Gap Inc. family of brands, so this card can also be used on its associated brands (Gap, Old Navy, and Athleta).
- The main advantages of the Banana Republic Basic credit card include:
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent on Gap Inc. brands.
- $5 reward for every 500 points earned
- Offers reserved for cardholders as well as private sales
- Access to special events in advance
- A surprise birthday present
- Returns without receipt
- No liability for fraud
- 20% off on your first order
According to the terms and conditions, the 20% discount code expires 90 days after account opening on BananaRepublic.com and can only be used once per account. Transactions must be made with your new Banana Republic or Banana Republic Visa card.
Visa Banana Republic Card
The Banana Republic Visa card is a further development of the simple credit card. Visa Reward means this card can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. Banana Republic Visa cardholders enjoy the same basic benefits as Banana Republic cardholders (above), PLUS:
- 1 point for every US dollar spent anywhere the visa is accepted
- Special offers and promotions for Visa cardholders